Monday, March 21, 2011

Tsunami Help

It's scary out there. Earthquakes, tsunamis, radiation leaks, crazy dictators...it goes on and on. I am sitting here in front of my woodstove, watching yet more snow fall, trying to figure out what I can do to make even the tiniest helpful dent in all this mess.

Here's what I came up with: I can sell books and donate money to what I consider to be simply the best relief agency in the world, The International Rescue Committee. www.theirc.org

So if anyone out there reading this blog wants to get a good book to read and make a difference, even a small one, I am offering this: buy a book off www.crowfliespress.com and I will donate $5 for every book we sell to IRC for tsunami relief. Choose from Weeping Under This Same Moon by yours truly. "A Free Woman On God's Earth" by me and Ann-Elizabeth Barnes, illustrated by Jacqueline Rogers, or The Adventures of Charlie & Moon, by Martin Meader.

Thank you for your help!



No comments:

Post a Comment