Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What Fun!

I just got back from spending two days in Mystic and Norwich Connecticut. I did a reading and signing at Bank Square Books and then spoke with 300 high school students at Norwich Technical High School.
When I first got to Mystic, the entire English Department as well as the Principal and Vice Principal took me out to an elegant dinner. Then we went over to the book store for a book signing. Not too many others showed up, but we had a great time. The next day I spoke for 3 hours in front of freshmen, sophomores and juniors, all of whom had read Weeping! It was incredible. Mostly everyone had interesting questions and comments. There were some tough customers, but that's high school! I got huge applause, which was just heartwarming. Kids came up and talked to me about writing, what they are doing and their inspiration. Some of them wanted me to sign autographs. I could get used to this!
It was a wonderful time.

2 comments:

  1. Jana, that is just fantastic! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jana! I was in the audience at Norwich Tech and I just wanted to let you know that you've inspired me to work with the IRC and that i'll soon be donating items and my time to their causes. Thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete